Managing Actual and Potential Aggression (MAPA)
Face to face workshops
- Complete the on-line Moodle course- “Prevention and De-escalation of Challenging Behaviour” before attendance at a MAPA face to face workshop.
SAHLN- Mandatory for Medical, Nursing and Allied Health workers in Mental Health Services and Emergency Department.
To book into a session:
- Discuss attendance eligibility with your Manager
- Follow local work training application processes when requesting study leave
- BOOK into a session by clicking into this course and select your agreed date/time
Full-day Workshops include:
- Foundation MAPA- a one day course for new SAHLN clinical staff in Mental Health Services and Emergency Department (ED).
- Advanced MAPA- a one day course for SAHLN clinical staff working in Acute Mental Health In-patient settings, after completion of the Foundation course 18 months prior.
Refresher Training (for the above courses):
- Foundation Refresher- a 2 hour session for clinical staff who:
- work in Mental Health non acute In-patient settings or Emergency Department
- have completed the Foundation 1 day course within 18 months prior.
- Advanced Refresher- attendance at the Advanced MAPA one day course within every 18 months.
# For SAHLN Clinical Staff who do not work in Mental Health or Emergency Department:
- Please refer to the SAHLN 2018 Mandatory Training Schedule, and discuss training needs with your manager.
- The recommended on-line Moodle course- “Prevention and De-escalation of Challenging Behaviour” is available via the following link.
This course is for SALHN staff only
If you are from CHSA - please click HERE
- Teacher: JOANNE MOLSHER