Managing Actual and Potential Aggression (MAPA)
Face to face workshops
- Complete the on-line Moodle course- “Prevention and De-escalation of Challenging Behaviour” before attendance at a MAPA face to face workshop.
SAHLN- Mandatory for Medical, Nursing and Allied Health workers in Mental Health Services, Emergency Departments and Myles Unit (N.H.S).
To book into a session:
- Discuss attendance eligibility with your Manager
- Follow local work training application processes when requesting study leave
- BOOK into a session by clicking into this course and select your agreed date/time
- As per the SALHN Mandatory Training Schedule, attendance at a MAPA face to face course is required within every 2 year period. Which includes and initial Foundation MAPA 1 day course on commencement and then (depending on the area you work), either:
- a 2 hour Foundation Refresher every 2 years OR
- (for clinical staff in Acute Mental Health in-patient units)- Attendance at a 1 day Advanced MAPA session and then every 2 years after.
# For SAHLN Clinical Staff who do not work in Mental Health, Emergency Departments or Myles Unit:
- Please refer to the SAHLN 2018 Mandatory Training Schedule, and discuss training needs with your manager.
- The recommended on-line Moodle course- “Prevention and De-escalation of Challenging Behaviour” is available via the following link.
This course is for SALHN staff only
If you are from CHSA - please click HERE
- Teacher: JOANNE MOLSHER