Mandatory accreditations are to be completed by staff at regular intervals.
The Mandatory Training Policy specifies what accreditations you are required to do according to your role and work site.
A copy of each policy can be found on your Education Link Page OR SALHN INTRANET
To check which accreditations you need to complete:
- click your work-site from the images displayed on our "Home Page"
To access any accreditation click the link below
- Each Accreditation will indicate its frequency and target staff groups.
- Should you have any concerns related to the Accreditations that YOU are required to complete, please discuss them with your line manager.
These courses are shared by SALHN and Regional Health. The course can be accessed directly by clicking the course title
- Aboriginal Cultural Learning (induction then 5 yearly)
- Aseptic Technique (Theory) (induction then 3 yearly)
- Aseptic Technique (Practical) (induction then 3 yearly)
- Blood Safe - Clinical Transfusion
- Child Safe Awareness
- Child Safe Environments
- Clinical Handover (induction)
- Code of Ethics for the Public Sector (induction then 5 yearly)
- Disability Awareness (on induction)
- Emergency Awareness (previously fire safety)
- Falls Prevention (induction)
- Hand Hygiene Accreditation
- Information Sharing Guideline (mandated managers) (induction then 3 yearly)
- Information Sharing Guideline (SA Health) - (non-mandated managers and general staff) (induction then 3 yearly)
- Introduction to Preventing and Responding to Challenging Behaviour ( induction - ED & Mental Health staff)
- Labelling for safety (induction)
- Manual Tasks (Theory)
- Manual Tasks (Practical)
- Medication Administration
- Partnering with Consumers and Community (Previously Patient Centred Care) (induction then 3 yearly)
- Patient Incident Management and Open Disclosure (induction then 3 yearly)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Theory (induction)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Practical
- Preventing & managing pressure injuries (induction)
- Respectful Behaviour (induction)
- SA Health Safe Handling of Cytotoxic Drugs and Related Waste (Low risk workers)
- White Ribbon (Mod 1)
- WHS Basics for all workers
FOR SALHN SPECIFIC ACCREDITATIONS (e.g. BLS) see FOLDER BELOW