Antineoplastic drug administration course (ADAC)
A mandatory competency
Frequency: Once on commencement or following break of continuous service. Bi-annual reassessment of competency.
Target audience: all staff who administer INTRAVENOUS cytotoxic medications.
- Module 1: Handling antineoplastic drugs and related waste safely
- Module 2: Understanding how antineoplastic drugs work
- Module 3: Reviewing protocols and prescriptions
- Module 4: Educating the patient and carer
- Module 5: Assessing patients
- Module 6: Administering oral antineoplastic drugs
- Module 7: Administering intravenous antineoplastic drugs
Allocated hours: 12 hours (1 hour = 1 CPD point)
CHSA staff should contact Tamika Calver for information and enrolment into training modules for Cytotoxic Handling / Chemotherapy.
SALHN staff should contact Sandra Ridings for information and enrolment into training modules for Cytotoxic Handling/Chemotherapy.